This site deals only with the corporate corruption of science, and makes no inference about the motives or activities of individuals involved.
There are many reasons why individuals become embroiled in corporate corruption activities - from political zealotry to over-enthusiastic activism; from gullibility to greed.
Please read the OVERVIEW carefully, and make up your own mind.
Worker's Rights Task Force
A subset of the ACLU which was set up to fight against smoking bans in the workplace, using Philip Morris money.
1990 Nov 15: Tim Hyde's advice to Tom Griscom and Tom Ogburn at RJ Reynolds on how to build coalitions. [Griscom had just taken over top PR job at RJR]
You asked for my thoughts on how we might build broad coalitions around the issue-cluster of freedom, choice, and privacy; and, what organizations, interests, and groups might be engaged in such coalitions.
In the last issue of The American Spectator, for example, there were three off-hand references or jibes at anti-smokers. We could and should help this along by articulating our case (by some third party) in the pages of the Cato Journal, The American Spectator, Public Interest, and other conservative journals.
We made a lot of crazy friends in the du Pont [Pete duPont for President] campaign ....
Potential Targets on the Right for coalitions:
Potential Targets on the Left
- Gun Guys (NRA),
- Right-toWork [anti-union groups],
- Newt Gingrich's GOPAC [Bo Calloway and Jeff Eisenach],
- Citizens Against Government Waste [Allan Keye],
- Committee for Republican Leadership [Pete du Pont's stalking horse for the Presidential campaign],
- Manhattan Institute [the primary anit-Nader research group],
- Moonies [American Freedom Coalition],
- the Japanese [trade coalition],
- Taxpayers organizations
- Grover Norquist's Americans for Tax Reform
- Lew Uhler's National Taxpayer Union
Public Issue Resources
- The ACLU.
- Workers Rights Task Force a subset of the ACLU, which was set up with a grant from Philip Morris
- Mike Stratton and Rick Reiter [who] have been on contract to us for two years as presenters at Smokers' Rights Meetings. [Democrat Governors and DNC connections]
- Governor Romer (via Mike Stratton)
- John Hoy .. a wealth of experience and contacts among potential coalition allies — especially in the conservative community.
- Smokers Rights Groups
- Allied forces program [Randy ??]